Once again, here’s me with the six greatest games I played in 2017. I think it has been an interesting year in terms of gaming, and I’m hoping for another great year in 2018. Here are my top six:
6. Mario Kart 8: Mario Kart 8 may be at the bottom of this list, but I really do like it. It’s a great game to play, especially with friends and family. I’ve found that even people who aren’t that good at the game often still have a blast in Mario Kart 8.
5. Oxenfree: I really like Oxenfree, which I find to be an interesting mix of genres.
Some of them are more unsettling than actually scary and the walking speed is … slow … but overall Oxenfree is a great game.
4. F-Zero: I still can’t really get over F-Zero. It’s got high speed thrills, but F-Zero’s simple yet complex gameplay make it stand out among other racing games. I don’t think I’ll forget cruising at just over 500 kilometers per hour on a futuristic track anytime soon.
3. Stardew Valley: Over the course of playing Stardew Valley, I slowly realized that it isn’t just a game about raising crops and animals in order to fill your pockets. Stardew Valley is a unique game about taking it easy, befriending the townsfolk, and seeing how some of your actions affect the world around you.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Wind Waker is a great game despite its somewhat childish visuals. It revolves around a very simple story about saving your kidnapped sister and eventually provides a semi- to fully open world with a ton of activities, side quests, and collectibles. Whether you’re playing the story quest, exploring the great sea for other activities, or a little bit of both, Wind Waker is sure to give you a fun time.
1.The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I can’t say this enough: Breath of the Wild is amazing. I love the story, I love the open world, I love the combat. Read my earlier review — it even says I can’t find anything wrong with the game. I love Breath of the Wild, maybe because of how realistic it is, maybe because of it’s difficult combat, or maybe because of how beautiful the open world is. Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I’ve ever played. There really aren’t many games like it.
Happy new year!
One thought on “The Best Games I Played in 2017”
I hope to see Dragon Age here next year!
LikeLiked by 1 person